Remembering Isaac – One Year

18 Apr

So, today is it – the one year mark.  It was one year ago from today, during the twilight hours, that our precious son Isaac was promoted to Heaven.  How I don’t want to meditate on the events of that day.  Instead, I want to remember Isaac as the young boy that he was – vibrant and full of life.  I want to savor those images of life that dance in my mind.  As those images dance, I put them to music and find some healing for my heart.  This process results in another video about Isaac’s life.  This one is different from the memorial video (although it includes some familiar images).  This one focuses on that last year with him.

Isaac’s last year seems to stand out above his previous nine.  The memories from that year leading up to April 2011 remain fresh and define so much of Isaac’s character and interests (especially his fascination with the Civil War).  These images memorialize our family trips, gatherings with family and friends, birthday celebrations, and happenings from around our home (I thought the haircut turned out pretty well :-)).  We have so many more fond memories that we didn’t capture with our camera, but are thankful for the ones that we did.  The music was selected from the soundtrack of something that had a very significant impact on me during this past year and I think that Isaac would appreciate its meaning.

For you, dear reader, I hope that this video brings back pleasant memories of Isaac from 2010 and 2011, and/or helps you to better understand the life and interests of our courageous young boy, whom we miss so very, very much.  How could we forget his big blue eyes, infectious smile and laugh, and enthusiasm for adventure?  So enjoy these memories of a son, big brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, and friend.  While tears may flow, we remain hopeful because of the enduring promise from God’s Word presented at the end of the video.

I’ll be returning with at least one more post this week (hopefully a few more), Lord willing of course.  We thank everyone who has provided their encouragement and support.

Patiently waiting and trusting with hope,

Tags: , ,

8 responses to “Remembering Isaac – One Year

1. Pam

April 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM

thank you for sharing such precious moments. It is a delight to hear his voice. Love you all.

2. Elaine

April 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM

That was awesome! Must have been a mixture do sadness and joy as you prepared it. I was very touched! Praying for you today…that your memories will be sweet and you will know the comfort only God can give!

3. Betty Martin

April 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Dear Ones,
    Thank you for posting the video. I was blessed by it and to see Isaac so full of joy to his entire family. He was a joy and inspiration to us all. We were truly blessed to have him with us for the years the Lord allowed him to be here until He took him to glory. Please keep posting the activities of your family. We who don’t get to see you much are able to visit you via your blog. You are in my prayers.
    Love,

4. Guy Wolfe

April 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Praying for you and your family, Andy. The same prayers I’m praying for mine…strength, peace and mercy. You are truly blessed, Brother, and you are a blessing to so many others in return. Remember…if you have a need, sow a seed. 🙂

April 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM

What a beautiful labor of love that video is!

My heart aches for your family on this the anniversary of the day that Isaac left this earth, although I know that Heaven gained such a sweet soul at that very moment. I have been blessed to have known Isaac through your beautiful posts and pictures/videos. I am so thankful that you have so many videos of Isaac, as well as pictures! What a blessing!

I have and will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

With Hope,

6. Ephesians 5:16

April 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Thank you all for your beautiful and encouraging comments. Thank you also to everyone who has telephoned, emailed and mailed cards to our home. God has used your blessing to carry us through. May He abundantly reward you!

7. Martha Goudey

May 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Beautiful, thank you for sharing this video with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you enter the second year of loss. I honestly don’t know how you survived the first, except with the grace of God. Continued blessings as you forge ahead.

May 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Martha: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Your insight is accurate – it is only by the grace of God that we survived the first year and continue to survive. Blessings to you on your continued journey.