Ray of Light

15 Apr

Have you ever asked God for a sign, just a little reassurance that He still cares (which of course He does, but I sometimes begin to doubt)? When you receive a sign or blessing, do you see it as from the Lord or are you tempted to dismiss it as just “coincidence”?

Last Sunday, we decided to attend the Easter/Resurrection Day sunrise service at our sister church. Never having attended a morning service at this church, we selected a pew on the left side and a few rows forward from the back door (and secretly hoped that we had not “stolen” somebody’s seat). Through the first part of the service, we sang and listened to the choir sing beautiful songs about the resurrection of Christ (I hope that I never tire of singing “Christ Arose”).

As the service progressed, I began to feel warmth on the back and right side of my neck. Then, I felt as if my head was engulfed in reddish light. I turned my head to the right and was partially blinded by sunlight that shone through a red pane in a stained-glass window and projected a ray of light onto our family. I felt like we were in the spotlight.  After the service, a church member asked me how me how I felt to have the light shine upon our family. I was actually startled by the question and was at a loss for a proper response.  Was the light really shining directly on our family?

So, should I choose to see this as merely a “coincidence” or as a blessing from the Sovereign Lord, reminding us of His presence with and favor on His children?

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. (Isa 60:1)

Still trusting and hoping,

Posted by on April 15, 2012 in Family Updates

Tags: , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Ray of Light

1. Michael Cartwright

April 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I myself say the light shines upon you and your family. And, as this week of remembrance is upon you, feel and experience the warmth that it brings.

God bless you and know that I will be praying for you this week.
    Michael

April 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Michael: Thank you for your continued encouragement and prayers, especially during this week.

Blessings,

April 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I agree with Michael…the light surely shines upon you and your special family. Prayers going out to you during this difficult week.

Thanks for sharing this. It is so wonderful when God meets us where we need some encouragement. What a blessing to have such a beautiful sign from God. How wonderful that someone was thoughtful enough to acknowledge it too by mentioning it too!

With Hope,

April 16, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Thank you again, Cheryl. We truly appreciate your continued encouragement. God has used you to bless us through your words.

Blessings,

3. Guy Wolfe

April 16, 2012 at 12:32 AM

You and I are both walking too close to Him to dismiss this as coincidence, Andy. I’m finding that the more we look to Him in our time of distress, and the closer we get to Him, the more we see evidence that He is all around us and is carrying us. Be blessed, as I know you are, Brother.

April 16, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Thank you brother. I am glad to hear that you are able to see evidence that He is surrounding you with His care and carrying you.

Blessings,