Happy Birthday Brenda

01 Nov

Happy birthday dear! I still think it is very special that you share the same birth date as your mother and almost the same date as our son David. I love and appreciate you very much. I praise you for being a selfless wife; a patient mother to our children; a thoughtful and caring friend towards those in your life; and, most importantly, a faithful child of God. I thank God for our strong marriage that has weathered some severe storms. This latest storm has been the most severe of all. I know that your heart is broken and I want so much to mend it for you. But as you journey through this process of grief, I see you more and more leaning on the Good Shepherd for strength and truth. You have inspired me many times and your faith helps me to stay on course. You are very beautiful. I love you and consider you to be my very best friend.

Baby Brenda - Nov. 1, 19__ (a few years ago)

I am going to write something now that will likely make you cry. However, this came to my mind as I was driving to work yesterday morning. I don’t know for certain what Isaac would say to you today, but I imagined that it would be something like this:

Hey Mom. Happy Birthday. I think you’re really pretty, especially without jewelry and make-up (you know how I don’t like that “fancy” stuff!). However, your “mom” necklace suits you perfectly. I wanted to marry someone just like you. I am so thankful that you’re my mom. I loved it when you fluffed my hair (even though I was getting older). Thank you for taking care of me, especially when I had my allergies and asthma. I really didn’t mind eating bison three days in a row during LDA and drinking those green smoothies some mornings. Thank you for the little “treats” that you made us – they were really good and healthy too! I know you prayed and did what was best for me. Wasn’t it something how I said what you were thinking? Thank you for allowing me to be a boy and have adventures, even when you didn’t understand. I realize that you were only trying to teach me what I needed to know even though I didn’t like school all the time (at least the book work part – that’s why I got cranky). I know it was hard juggling your time, especially with the “littles” requiring so much attention. Thank you for the time that you spent with me, especially that last day (remember that we listened to those broadcasts about the resurrection of Jesus and I told you that I like adventures). Forgive yourself. I know that you love me. I love you too.

Legacy

Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. (Pro 31:30)

Posted by on November 1, 2011 in Family Updates

Tags:

11 responses to “Happy Birthday Brenda

1. Aunt Barb & Uncle Jim

November 1, 2011 at 1:48 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID & BRENDA !!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

2. Pam

November 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Life is about family and how a mother and father can impact their children. You are doing a wonderful job. Hope you have a grand day!! Love you

3. Rebecca Carney - One Woman's Perspective

November 1, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Yes…wishing you a very happy birthday!!

4. Lanny and Jackie

November 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA !

You are a wonderful Wife, Mother and special person that we are fortunate to have as a
    daughter-in-law. You are in our thoughts and prayers today.

Love always, Lanny & Jackie

5. Elizabeth Martin

November 1, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Dear Sweet Brenda,

May the Lord bless you richly with another year so giving, loving and growing in faith. Have a wonderful happy birthday.

6. Elizabeth Martin

November 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I really enjoyed the slide show, and all the picture memories when you were here at W.N St. and then after you moved. Really miss the McCleaf’s being next door. What precious times with Isabella and Isaac here.

November 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM

What a beautiful post to a wonderful mom and wife. It is nice to see that even though you knew that there would be tears about that note from Isaac, you wrote it anyways. Tears are so healing and it is great to acknowledge our sorrows even during what is a blessed day. I love getting to know your family through your posts…Loved the pictures of you and your family Brenda.

With Hope,

8. Ephesians 5:16

November 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Thank all of you for taking the time to reach out to me and leave such kind messages. They truely were a blessing to me and indeed made my day go a little bit easier.

May the Lord bless you all for such kindness.

Still trusting in Him,

Brenda

9. Heather

November 4, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Hi Brenda,
    I am so sorry that I missed saying Happy Birthday to you on your actual birthday! Happy belated Birthday to a dear friend. Even though we rarely see each other I am so blessed to have met you and to call you a friend. I pray that this new year brings you more healing and newfound blessings. I would love to spend some time with you if it’s possible.

Love,
    Heather

November 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Thank you so much, Heather, for taking the time to send a comment and birthday wish. I really appreciate it. I have always valued our friendship very much & I would like it very much to spend more time with you too.

May you have a wonderful day!

Love,

Brenda

10. Elaine

November 6, 2011 at 9:09 AM

What a precious post. Having a daughter in heaven, I know how meaningful this letter would be. Loved the slide show.